okay, this time we will review a unique fact about some countries that do not have night time maybe you are wondering why these countries have such a long day, day and night usually lasts an average of 12 hours, especially for people who live on the equator, including Indonesia. Indonesia is one of the lucky countries because it gets 12 hours of the day and 12 hours of night when it is very balanced and makes it easier for people to carry out activities. This has an impact on the climate in Indonesia, which is categorized as a tropical climate that only has two seasons, namely summer and rainy season.
But in this world, it turns out that some parts of the country have day and night with different compositions, aka the day time is much longer than the night time.
This condition or phenomenon is called the midnight sun where the night should be dark but still looks very bright like the day. Usually, countries that experience the midnight sun phenomenon are in the northern hemisphere, so what countries experience this midnight sun phenomenon?
let's look at the following review:
1. Norwayis a country without a night in the world. The first is Norway. This kind of phenomenon is common among the people there, but the extraordinary thing for the people of other countries, this country is located close to the north pole where Norway is indeed Being a country that experiences quite extreme seasonal changes, one of the cities in Norway called Hammerfest which is located in the northernmost part has 24 hours of daylight from early May to late July, this causes the air in Hammerfest to be very hot and must use air conditioning.
In addition, several other cities in Norway will experience a phenomenon called the midnight sun where the time is already showing midnight but there is still the sun that looks like it is set but actually it is not so that the country is illuminated by dusk and returns to the light.
2. FinlandFinland is also a country that experiences Midnight but not as extreme as other Northern countries such as Norway.
When experiencing summer in Finland it will feel like the afternoon is a bit dark but there is still sunshine Behind the Clouds.
Finland is also known as the most difficult country to see at night in summer because this country is located on the polar circumference so during the summer the sun will shine for 24 hours.
3. SwedenThis country with a blue and yellow flag is a country located in northern Europe which is very close to the north pole. This causes one of the cities of Lulea to experience 23 hours of daylight and only experience darkness for 30 minutes during the summer to people tried to darken their houses for more than 30 minutes to make it look like night.
4. Canadaa country located on the American continent, has its uniqueness. This country is located in the northern part of the continent, which is famous for its maple leaves and is also the 2nd largest country in the world which makes Canada an interesting and visited country. and its uniqueness is not only the size and production.
2 cities in Canada, namely Yukon and Nunavut are two cities that always experience very long days During the summer in Canada, people in these cities can not feel the sunset and night comes when the summer sun will be there all day from June to August.
5. AlaskaAlaska is one of the states in the United States which is famous for its abundant natural resources. Alaska is included in a state that does not have a sea or an exclave that separates Alaska from the United States.
In addition to natural resources which are the attraction, the phenomenon of all day long also occurs in this country, one of which is the Borrow City which experiences 24 hours of daylight for 90 days. Indigenous people in the city use aluminum foil in their homes to darken their houses and make them look like night. day so they can sleep peacefully
That was a review of interesting info about countries that experience the midnight sun.
Have you also experienced the midnight sun phenomenon in these countries, if you have, you can also tell us in the comments column