Maintaining heart health we may often ignore. In fact, from an early age, you should have made some efforts to maintain heart health to avoid various diseases in the future. In addition to exercise, several foods can help maintain our heart health.
In an era like today, it is important to maintain health to avoid various diseases. Starting from exercise, doing a healthy life routine, and eating healthy and nutrient-rich foods.
One of the diseases that are quite deadly is heart disease. Many factors cause a person to get this disease. However, that doesn't mean you can't reduce your risk of heart disease. One way that you can do this is to pay attention to the food intake you want to consume.
Citing Huffpost, there are several types of foods that can help maintain heart health. Here are some food choices that you should know and consume:
1. Green vegetablesDr Sanjeev Aggarwal, a former chief cardiac surgeon who currently serves as a medical advisor at Hello Heart, explains that “Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, kale, and mustard greens are key components to a heart-healthy diet, and something most of us don't get enough of. ."
Many studies have shown a reduced risk of heart disease due to eating green vegetables. That's because green vegetables like spinach contain lots of potassium, folate, and magnesium. The content of folate alone is a vitamin that is good for heart health.
2. SalmonBesides delicious processed Japanese food such as sushi and sashimi. Salmon also contains omega-3, which is good for the body. This fat is known for its various benefits, such as reducing the risk of heart disease.
"Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown by research to have anti-inflammatory effects, lower cardiovascular disease risk factors, and have a positive effect on obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus," said Dr Marianela Areces, a cardiologist at the Pritikin Longevity Center
3. Grainssuch as quinoa, whole wheat, oats, and barley are healthy carbohydrates that help lower the risk of heart disease. These foods can be processed into various delicious menus and are certainly healthy for the body.
"Quinoa is an excellent healthy food choice. for the heart, and is a good substitute for white rice. Not only rich in protein, whole grains are also rich in potassium and fiber. Both help maintain healthy blood pressure and lower cholesterol, "said Dr Sanjeev.
4. AvocadoThis green fruit is famous for its delicacy. The flesh can be processed into various foods and drinks. Besides being delicious, avocado also has benefits for lowering cholesterol up to m maintain heart health.
“Several studies have shown a positive effect of avocado in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL), which causes plaque buildup in the arteries and an increased risk of heart disease. Like quinoa, avocados are also effective when it comes to managing blood pressure and blood sugar levels due to their high amount of fibre and potassium. Sanjeev.
5. WalnutsOne of the foods that are specifically good for the heart is walnuts. Eating walnuts daily is proven to maintain heart health and help reduce bad cholesterol in your body.
"Research has shown that regular walnut consumption can lower LDL or 'bad' cholesterol," says registered nutritionist Kylene Bogden.
Well, after knowing healthy food choices that are good for your heart, now it doesn't hurt to start consuming all five.