Performing data analysis is an activity that has always been a big challenge, especially for workers in the marketing field. Data tends to be difficult to understand directly by humans, there are times when you have to interpret the data you have. To help data analysis activities to visualize something easy for many people to read, you can try using Google Data Studio. Google Data Studio is perfect for those of you who want to turn raw data into an informative and easy-to-understand report. For that, get to know more about functions, key features, platform integration, and how to use Google Data Studio in this article.
What is Google Data Studio?Google Data Studio is a platform used to visualize data to make it easier to understand. You can also use this platform for free. Some of the things you can do using Google Data Studio include converting data into graphs, tables, or bar charts, you can also decide what data to add. In addition, you can add an explanation of the points of each data displayed. Don't worry about being difficult to operate, Google Data Studio has features that are easy to use and can save data to compare performance over time.
Google Data Studio FunctionsAs a container for visualizing data, Google Data Studio has various functions. The following are the functions of the Google Data Studio platform.
1. Saving dataGoogle Data Studio's first function is to store data. Regardless of the data source, Google Data Studio can be used to authenticate data, and manage access rights and structures to perform calculations, data transformation, and data visualization. By using a connector, you can easily import data from various sources. For example, importing data from Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google BigQuery, Campaign Manager 360, MySQL, and many more.
2. Transforming data
Using Google Data Studio, you can also perform data transformations. You can convert raw data into a matrix with various dimensions as needed to generate reports. Google Data Studio's function in data transformation is to clean, merge, explore, and transform all your raw data without the need to write code or create SQL queries.
3. To visualize dataGoogle Data Studio also serves to visualize the data you have. The data can be made into a chart or graph so that the data is easy to read. Using Google Data Studio, you can add logos and customize shapes and images for data visualization. The data that you will visualize can be imported from the connector.
4. Working on data in groupsFor those of you who work in groups, Google Data Studio functions to work on data in groups. You and your group can easily edit, view, add comments and manage dashboard and report versions using Google Data Studio. This one function will certainly make it easier for you and your group to process data.
Google Data Studio platform integrationTo use Google Data Studio, you can also import your data from various integrated sources. These sources are called connectors. Here's a list of Google Data Studio platform integrations.
1. Campaign Manager 360
2. Google Ads
3. Google Analytics
4. Google BigQuery
5. Google Cloud SQL
6. Google Sheets
10. Dynamic, Secure Data Connections
How to use Google Data Studio 2022To use Google Data Studio, there are several ways that you can take. Here are the ways to use Google Data Studio 2022.
- First, access Google Data Studio by visiting the site www.google.com/analytics/data-studio, if you are already on the site then all you need to do is log in using an account Your Google Analytics. If it's your first time using Google Data Studio, you need to answer some questions from Google Data Studio. Such as company name, country of origin, and several other questions.
- Next, you will be asked to choose a connector. Because for some people Google Analytics will be one of the metrics that will be displayed in your reports.
- When you finish selecting the connector, you will be asked to authorize Google Analytics or the money connector you added earlier. You just need to log in, proceed with authorization and connect.
- Later, you will be shown a blank report. However, you'll also see some sample reports or templates that serve to give you an idea of what the report looks like and the types of information you can include in the report. You can also change it according to your taste.
- If you are new to Google Data Studio, it would be better if you follow the Welcome to Data Studio guide. To follow these guidelines, click Own By Me located on the left side of the page. Then select Tutorial Report.
- Google also provides several Data Studio videos for guidance on using the various tools available in Google Data Studio.
- At the top of the Google Data Studio Homepage, you will see the Reports, Data Sources, and Explorer sections. In the Reports section, you can use it to create reports and visualize data.
- You can use the Explorer feature in Google Data Studio to edit data visualizations and filter data and insights. This feature helps you find insights faster because it simplifies the editing and viewing process by applying a filter to speed things up.
- Google Data Studio uses the Google Drive interface, so it will be more familiar to those of you who usually use other products from Google.